Surprise, y’all. I’m still alive. Did you think that 40 day challenge killed me, or what? The fact of the matter is that I spent the time I would have been blogging on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. If you don’t follow me on any of those, you might want to. Or you might not. Make up your own mind.
Instead of doing a totally boring and overly general or intimately detailed synopsis of what the last 6 months of my life has been like, I’d rather give you the top 5 things I’ve been up to lately:
- Potty training. Not for the faint of heart! My kid is only mildly motivated by a certain set of things and these things seem to change from day to day. Sometimes, he wants nothing to do with it and other times he is so committed to a goal that he will literally sit on the pot for over an hour. He’s so much like me sometimes, it’s scary.
- Reading. This summer I fell in love with Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It’s good. I also read Eleanor & Park. In one sitting. Until like, 3:30 in the morning. And I popped a blood vessel in my eyeball. It was worth it. I finished The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd, which was also really good. Last but not least, I finally jumped on board with the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth. I felt like I had to. That series had so much potential but in the end, that is part of my summer that I will never get back. Sigh,
- Two words: Tim. Riggins. Yep, I’ve discovered Friday Night Lights on Netflix. Can’t stop. Can’t. Stop.
- Family Time. Our summer vacation was with my family in July. We had a few family events with Kevin’s parents, etc., and now we are gearing up for The Third Birthday party, which also coincides with a visit from my Mom.
- Discovering new and tasty ways to satisfy your cocktail dreams. LIke Yellow Tail Sangria. And Grapefruit Shandy, and Abita Purple Haze (not a new discovery, mind you, but a new obsession). Can someone pass me a glass, please?
What have you been up to lately? Read anything good? Got any shows I should plan to get into? Tips on potty training? Beverages of choice?