I’ve been gone so long, I feel like I need to reintroduce myself. Do I need to do that?
(Please say no)
(I get tired and overwhelmed just thinking about it)
(It is far too early in this November project to feel that way)
I’ve participated in other NaBloPoMo projects before and I’ve had a blog for a long while. September 25th marked the 10th birthday of this blog, actually. TEN freaking years. How on earth did I miss that?
As I am prone to say, I have a theory (or several):
- I got busy — I spend about 50 hours at work a week, I have a husband, a toddler, a house, a rather troublesome elderly parent, and
- I got tired — see above
- I got depressed — I’m terrible at letting go and negativity haunts me more than it should. I lost interest in alot of things I enjoy like writing, reading, cooking, being somewhat social.
- I got quiet — I didn’t know how to deal with what I was feeling, so I decided to shut up about it.
- I got overwhelmed — Then when I did want to write, the thought of trying to come up with something that other people would actually want to read freaked me out and I got overwhelmed and I decided not writing anything was easier than picking and tackling a topic.
- I got scared — What if writing again turned out to be hard? What if I got busy, tired, depressed, quiet, and overwhelmed again? What if no one cared?
But, it’s time to confront all of that now. So here I am, committing to a post a day. It ain’t always gonna be pretty, but I promise I’ll be here in one way, shape or form whether it’s pretty or not. That’s just how I roll.