I woke up this morning convinced it was Thursday and that I had to do an entire week’s worth of work in just 2 days. Imagine my pure joy when I realized it was only Tuesday! Ok, I was a little tongue-in-cheek with that, but only because I would give anything for this week to go by quickly if it weren’t for the fact that I have so much to accomplish. I looked at my co-worker MM this morning and said “I feel good about it…AND I threw up in my mouth a little about it, all at the same time!” It’s this brand of optimism that keeps me going each and every day, folks.
Now, for the good news of this Tuesday:
- We are hiring someone new at work, which is great. It means many things for me both from a workload standpoint and a professional development/advancement standpoint (I hope!). Of course, neither of this is in the immediate short term, but the sooner she starts the better.
- I had the stomach flu this past weekend. As a result, I lost 5 lbs! I hope I can keep it off since my workout challenge begins tonight!
- The sun is shining. This always seems to make me happy–especially when I can feel shining directly on my face.
- I’m getting used to the wall rattling, window shaking, ground vibrating humming noise that is coming from the construction downstairs. It’s almost soothing.* Like one of those massage chairs…can I get one of those for Christmas?
- Brace yourselves but I’m actually thinking ahead about future blog posts. I even have some already started. This is not at ALL like me, as you well know (do you know?).
- I’m about to break out the slow cooker. What? Dinner that cooks itself with virtually no supervision?!? Proof that there is a benevolent force in the universe.
*If by soothing you mean that it makes you absolutely crazy and makes you feel like there is a giant dentist outside, just waiting for you to come out at 5 p.m. so he can drill you down into nothingness. Blargh. I just threw up in my mouth again.
Ok, that’s it for me (for now). What good do you have to share?