The instructions are as follows:
Copy the list, bold the ones you’ve done (with explanations if needed), share with friends. I also think if there are ones you’d like to add to the list, you can. I’m not sure where the list orginated from, but I’m sure there are some additions that would make for pretty awesome stories.
1. Started your own blog – this should be rather obvious. However, I’ll have you know I’ve been blogging since 2003 and have really grown to love it and the community that I’ve become a part of.
2. Slept under the stars – While I have slept outside many a time, I cannot specifically remember sleeping without something between me and the sky.
3. Played in a band – I played clarinet in beginning band in 6th grade. And I have a guitar which I never really learned to play. A huge percentage of my friends in high school were also in band. You can kind of refer to me as band wannabe
4. Visited Hawaii – no (super frown face)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – Technically yes, but I’m still going to say no because I always feel like I can do more.
7. Been to Disneyland – no, I’ve been to Disneyworld and I’ve been dangerously close to Euro-Disney, but not out to California.
8. Climbed a mountain – I have hiked up the sides of mountains on approved trails and such
9. Held a praying mantis – Yes!
10. Sang a solo – in the shower or in the car, ever day.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris – YES! I spent several weeks there when I was 14. Unfortunately, I was too much of an angsty teen to appreciate it the way that I would now. I want to go back!!!
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm – Absolutely. I did grow up in Mobile, afterall.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning – Oh lordy yes. Bleh.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables – BEST FEELING EVER! We are expanding the garden this year too. I think I want to learn to pickle and can things this year.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – I have done this, but not in a long, LONG time. I’m due for one soon.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse – …of the heart?! Just kidding. I say no.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run – if you know me, you know my complete and utter lack of athletic ability. So no
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Some days, having enough money for an iced coffee and an Apricot Tea Biscuit from Stone Oven (one of my favorite places) is all I need to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – in books! 🙂
41. Sung karaoke – “Love Shack, baby Love Shack! Loooove, baby that’s where it’s at!”
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted – does having your nieces and nephews draw pictures of you count?
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – I have seen it, but did not get to go to the top. My mom is a party pooper.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud – aka gardening in the spring in Cleveland.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen – when I was in college. I dished up the mixed vegetables.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – yes, and I was terrible at it.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone – mostly toes
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book – Some day, folks. Some day.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House – not the inside.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life – I introduced Kevin to Nutella. Consider his life saved.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous – Does Louis Stokes count?
92. Joined a book club – I heart my book club ladies!!
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit – Sadly, I’m involved in two at the moment. Neither were my fault. Go insurance!
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee – Yes. The stinker was hiding in my jacket sleeve!
100. Been caught in traffic singing at the top of your lungs